UDBapp Server Update – August 15, 2019 | 6:14 AM CST
The UDBapp server is currently working properly.
UDBapp Server Update – August 15, 2019 | 5:38 AM CST
The UDBapp server is currently down. We expect this issue to be resovled momentarily.
UDBapp Server Update – August 5, 2019 | 6:00 AM CST
We are currently in the process of migrating UDBapp to a new server in order to better handle the increased demands caused by account creation and file management for all of our users around the world. This server switch will resolve error messages received by some users and allow for smooth registration and file management for the rest of the year.
We will update you when the server switch is complete but wanted to let you know of some helpful information leading up to and after the server switch.
Directors and drill writers, please read through the notes below – some action may be needed.
If any of your ensemble members have encountered an error message when trying to download or access their drill, we recommend the following now:
- Re-Upload any drill that has experienced download issues or that is new for the 2019 season.
This will ensure that your ensemble’s account has the most recent drill from your drill writer.
- Ask your drill writer for a copy of the .3DUDB file for all drill that they upload to your account.
This will provide you with a backup in the event that someone removes the drill file by accident or you’d like to download it again for your ensemble without requiring your drill writer to export.
- This can be sent via email, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. and is the full version of your drill they uploaded to you. This can be very easily uploaded by you or anyone else signed in as a director without needing to request a new upload from your drill writer. We’ve included videos below to show you how to manually upload to UDBapp.
- Ask your students to download the drill before they arrive at school tomorrow.
This will decrease the congestion on your respective servers as well as ours tomorrow morning.
- Confirm that all of your students can access the NEW files, and then delete the old corrupted files.
- To delete songs, from the home screen go to: Management > Songs, and swipe left on any song you’d like to remove. This will remove the song for everyone in the ensemble.
We highly recommend sending a .3DUDB file of every drill file to directors in the event they:
- Accidentally delete a drill file
- Need a fresh drill upload due to connectivity
This also allows them to upload the drill on their own, at any time, and does not require anything additional from you as the writer.
- We recommend making this file available to your directors via e-mail, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
We’ve included the process of obtaining and using the .3DUDB files below:
.3DUDB Files (Directors and Drill Writers):
Pyware automatically creates a .3DUDB file on your computer inside the Pyware 3D > UDBapp Files folder after it uploads to UDBapp. Any director with the .3DUDB file can manually upload drill to UDBapp via an internet connection without an additional export from the designer.
- Locate the .3DUDB file, which will share the same name as your original drill file, and share it with the director through a method of your choice (email, Dropbox, Google Drive)
- Sign into UDBapp as a Director
- Locate the .3DUDB file on your device (or cloud storage: Google Drive, Dropbox, Email, etc)
- Click on the “Options” icon (Horizontal Ellipsis)
- Click Export
- Click Copy to UDBapp
- Note: You may also AirDrop the file to any iOS device that is signed in as a Director
- Go to your Home Screen > Management > Songs
- Click the “+”
- Locate the file on your device (or cloud storage)
- Press “Select”
- Note: Depending on the settings on your device, you may need to log out then log back in to the file appear.
If anyone in your ensemble needs to recreate their profiles for any reason, they will not count against your total number of licenses that you purchased. If you have difficulties with any user profiles or questions related to this, please reach out by phone or our online chat system and a member of the UDB team will be happy to help.
UDBapp Server Update – August 1, 2019 | 5:57PM CST
UDBapp server issues
On July 30, around 1:30PM CST, UDBapp’s servers failed for a short period of time. Since that initial event, the server has experienced intermittent issues.
We recognize that these issues may have negatively affected your rehearsal schedules. We share your frustration and we are deeply sorry.
What’s wrong with the server?
UDBapp’s servers are experiencing random peaks of read/write operation hanging. In short, the amount of users on the server are causing it to slow down and sometimes not work.
Will you be able to fix it?
Yes, but we are unsure of the timeline. This morning, at 7:27AM, we moved to a previous version of the server and copied over existing data. This helped, but did not solve the issue completely. The server still fails when many users try to upload/download drill or sign up at the same time.
What is the plan moving forward?
We have been working non-stop for the last 48 hours with our development team to find the cause of the issue. We have also involved the Amazon Web Services team to help us identify the issues hosted by them. We feel confident that we will be able to solve the issue, but we cannot put a timeline on that yet.
Is there any way to use the app?
In many cases, yes. Here are a few workarounds that may work for you:
• If your drill is already downloaded, we suggest that you turn off wifi and cellular connectivity before opening the drill. This will keep your phone from trying to connect to our server before opening the file.
• The server repairs itself in low-usage times, so try downloading drill later in the evening or in the middle of the day.
• If drill is not showing up in your songs list, try deleting and reinstalling the app. Clearing the cache and UDBapp memory on your device can sometimes help.
What about UDBapp Pro?
UDBapp Pro is built on a new architecture and is connected to an improved server. While we are almost ready to release UDBapp Pro, we are currently focusing all of our resources on fixing our current server. We will send out an update after this issue is resolved.
Will you send more updates?
Yes. As soon as we have an update, we will email you. We will also post an update to the UDB Users Group on Facebook and our website.
We can assure you that we are working on the issues with the UDBapp server, but we are happy to hear from you. The more we know about the issue, the better chance we have of solving it. You may contact us via our live chat feature on our website or using the information below:
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We are proud to serve you and looking forward to resolving this issue soon.
The UDB Team