Full-time position in Austin, Texas
$61,000-$65,000 depending on experience, specializations, and location.
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Comprehensive time off and general leave policies
- Extensive travel opportunities
First interviews scheduled as applications are submitted. Proposed start time of early 2024.
About the Sales and Administrative Assistant Role
Ultimate Drill Book is seeking a Sales and Administrative Assistant to join our team. UDB is a fast-growing company that creates, sells, and markets multiple products across the globe. You will play a crucial role in our sales and operational needs and are eager to use your multitasking and organizational skills in a new way.
UDB works with thousands of school districts and hundreds of thousands of users, and the idea of serving a community of our size should excite you. You will be a paperwork guru who loves getting our clients what they need, handling administrative tasks such as booking travel, and helping keep the UDB team organized. You should be personable and be ready to communicate directly with customers to process their orders, answer calls, give basic product demos, and serve as their point of contact. Traveling to conferences to help us expand our reach is an important part of this role, and you’ll look forward to traveling to new places to represent UDB.
The ideal candidate will lean into the idea of being a Swiss army knife for Ultimate Drill Book, and you will want to be involved in the operational underpinnings that make it all work. This is an excellent opportunity for a great person and skilled multitasker to contribute to the success of a fast-growing company.
What We Expect Of You
- Assist in the sales process by processing orders, payments, completing vendor paperwork, and other sales-related tasks
- Serve as a point of contact for clients by answering phone calls, responding to emails, giving short product demos, and assisting with other needs
- Be comfortable traveling and representing the company at conferences across the United States
- Assist in logistics planning, such as booking travel, organizing shipping, coordinating schedules
- Assist in the management of the company’s headquarters in Austin, Texas by organizing schedules, managing deliveries, and making sure the office is in good working order
- Provide other administrative support to increase efficiency, such as taking meeting notes, placing orders, dropping off materials with suppliers, and visiting with vendors
- Be comfortable learning and working in many different software systems
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to establish timelines to meet key objectives
The Ideal Candidate is:
- A creative thinker who can solve problems quickly and effectively
- Able to handle multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and able to work productively from home and in an office environment.
- Willing to sometimes work early mornings or nights, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines
- Flexible when asked to switch project priorities
- Respectful with maintaining confidentiality of material and information.
- Constantly curious about improving past and current materials
Required Areas of Knowledge and Expertise:
- Proficiency with computers and ability easily learn new software programs
- Experience with cloud platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box
- Experience with standard office software like spreadsheets and word processing
- Highly organized and able to create organizational systems from scratch
- Experience participating or teaching in the marching arts
- Sales experience
About Ultimate Drill Book
Ultimate Drill Book is an arts-focused technology company with hundreds of thousands of users around the world. UDB is bringing innovation to the world of educational technology through UDBapp, Beam Music, and StrideTV. UDBapp is an educational tool for the marching arts; Beam Music is a distribution and collaboration tool for musicians; and StrideTV is a media platform for arts entertainment and educational content.
As a hybrid company, we pride ourselves on our flexible, project-centered work environment. We do not hold normal office hours but we do often meet in our studio in Austin, Texas for creative collaboration. We love to work from home just as much as we love to meet over coffee.
Ultimate Drill Book’s roots are firmly planted in the world of arts and education but we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe our team should be made up of people of all backgrounds and identities and we seek out people who share our passion for pushing the arts forward.