Full-time position in Austin, Texas
$62,000-$66,000 depending on experience, specializations, and location.
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Comprehensive time off and general leave policies
- Extensive travel opportunities
First interviews scheduled as applications are submitted. Proposed start time of early 2024.
About the Graphic Designer Role
Ultimate Drill Book is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our team. Graphic design is everywhere at UDB: Our website, our social media platforms, our apps, in our office, on our clothes, in our print materials, our conference booths, and more. We love great design and we’re looking for a skilled creator that is excited to showcase their talents.
You should have a strong record of efficiently producing designs across a variety of styles and mediums. A blank canvas inspires you just as much as finding new ways to work within existing branding guidelines. The UDB Team is a creative one with considerable experience, but you will enjoy the challenge of often working solo to get a project off the ground.
Every day will be different: Some days you will be updating our online presence, some days you’ll be designing graphics for shirts worn by tens of thousands of people, and some days you’ll be creating captivating thumbnails for StrideTV. You’ll be a swiss army knife of a designer and enjoy contributing at high-level to all of UDB’s internal and external graphic needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled graphic designer to dive deep into the craft to contribute to the success of a fast-growing company.
What We Expect Of You
- Collaborate with our creative team to understand a graphic’s purpose, audience, and release strategy
- Conceptualize and execute graphic designs that align with company objectives
- Be comfortable designing for different mediums, such as web, social media, video assets, print, banners, and more
- Deep understanding of color, typography, and composition
- Work with UDB’s existing design content to organize, edit, and update for distribution on multiple platforms
- Be excited to iterate and adapt based on feedback
- Collaborate with the creative team to ensure that the brand standards are met
- Work closely with the Director of Media to establish production timelines to meet key objectives
The Ideal Candidate is:
- A creative thinker who can solve problems quickly and effectively
- Able to handle multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and able to work productively from home and in an office environment
- Willing to sometimes work early mornings or nights, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines
- Flexible when asked to switch project priorities
- Respectful with maintaining confidentiality of material and information
- Constantly curious about improving past and current materials
Required Areas of Knowledge and Expertise:
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity and willingness to learn Figma design platform
- Experience with cloud platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box
Desired Software Experience:
- Motion graphics design experience, such as Adobe After Effects or Apple Motion
About Ultimate Drill Book
Ultimate Drill Book is an arts-focused technology company with hundreds of thousands of users around the world. UDB is bringing innovation to the world of educational technology through UDBapp, Beam Music, and StrideTV. UDBapp is an educational tool for the marching arts; Beam Music is a distribution and collaboration tool for musicians; and StrideTV is a media platform for arts entertainment and educational content.
As a hybrid company, we pride ourselves on our flexible, project-centered work environment. We do not hold normal office hours but we do often meet in our studio in Austin, Texas for creative collaboration. We love to work from home just as much as we love to meet over coffee.
Ultimate Drill Book’s roots are firmly planted in the world of arts and education but we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe our team should be made up of people of all backgrounds and identities and we seek out people who share our passion for pushing the arts forward.