Full-time position in Austin, Texas
$62,000-$66,000 depending on experience, specializations, and location.
- Flexible work hours
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Comprehensive time off and general leave policies
- Extensive travel opportunities
First interviews scheduled as applications are submitted. Proposed start time of early 2024.
About the Video Editor Role
Ultimate Drill Book is seeking an experienced Video Editor to join our team. Video content is a core part of UDB’s brand and marketing strategy, and you should love to edit videos from start to finish. You will play a crucial role in editing content for UDB’s marketing efforts and educational videos to assist our users around the world.
You will also play a pivotal role in StrideTV, our media platform setting a new path for arts entertainment. You will work with our team and industry-leading creators to edit compelling new series that premiere exclusively on StrideTV.
You should be creative and have a strong record of efficiently producing videos across a variety of styles and topics. A blank canvas inspires you and you will use your technical skill, music, and motion graphics to tell a captivating story. The UDB Team is a creative one with considerable experience, but you will enjoy the challenge of often working solo to get a project off the ground.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a skilled editor to dive deep into the craft to contribute to the success of a fast-growing company.
What We Expect Of You
- Collaborate with our creative team to understand a video’s purpose, audience, and release strategy.
- Conceptualize and execute a video edit that aligns with the video’s objectives.
- Be comfortable adding music, basic motion graphics, and other creative elements to help enhance the video edit
- Be excited to iterate and adapt based on feedback.
- Work with UDB’s existing video content database to organize and edit for distribution on multiple platforms (horizontal and vertical content).
- Bring your creativity to marketing and education content
- Collaborate with the creative team to ensure that the brand standards are met.
- Work closely with the Director of Media to establish production timelines to meet key objectives
- Understanding of modern video dynamics, such as average view duration and retention rate and how those can be affected by your video editing.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- A creative thinker who can solve problems quickly and effectively
- Able to handle multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Highly collaborative and able to work productively from home and in an office environment.
- Willing to sometimes work early mornings or nights, weekends, and holidays to meet key deadlines
- Flexible when asked to switch project priorities.
- Respectful with maintaining confidentiality of material and information.
- Constantly curious about improving past and current materials.
Required Areas of Knowledge and Expertise:
- Proficiency using Final Cut Pro X video editing software. Experience with Adobe Premiere knowledge is desirable, but the person in this role will be required to also work with UDB’s video content created using Final Cut Pro X.
- Experience using motion graphics plugins
- Experience with cloud platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
- Figma design platform
- Postlab video collaboration software
- Frame.io video collaborative platform
- Logic Pro X audio software
- Do you like shooting video, too? We’d love to know if you’d like opportunities to be behind the camera, too.
About Ultimate Drill Book
Ultimate Drill Book is an arts-focused technology company with hundreds of thousands of users around the world. UDB is bringing innovation to the world of educational technology through UDBapp, Beam Music, and StrideTV. UDBapp is an educational tool for the marching arts; Beam Music is a distribution and collaboration tool for musicians; and StrideTV is a media platform for arts entertainment and educational content.
As a hybrid company, we pride ourselves on our flexible, project-centered work environment. We do not hold normal office hours but we do often meet in our studio in Austin, Texas for creative collaboration. We love to work from home just as much as we love to meet over coffee.
Ultimate Drill Book’s roots are firmly planted in the world of arts and education but we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe our team should be made up of people of all backgrounds and identities and we seek out people who share our passion for pushing the arts forward.